• When using Stack, the ~/.stack directory is about 3.5 GB.
• The build fails when running on CI, (apparently due to an old Stack version): https://gitlab.com/Ercoin/ercoin.tech/-/jobs/72181366 .
• When fixed, the build times out after one hour of running: https://gitlab.com/Ercoin/ercoin.tech/-/jobs/72264358 .
• If cabal sandbox is used instead of Stack, another error occurs: https://github.com/bos/aeson/issues/641
The problem with such thinking is that the labour theory of value (offen associated with #marxism) has been refuted. The work in general has no value in itself. The fact that work has been performed may provide “psychological value” for some, but there’s no real utility associated with it. More on this topic: https://mises.org/wire/labor-theory-value-refuted-nobody-cares-how-hard-you-work
The #EU #cookie directive is plainly stupid and it causes big losses to the economy (the cost of programming cookie popups + the cost of wasted screen space + the cost of dismissing cookie popups). Yet there was little resistance from companies and from the society when it was introduced. It is nice to see that one company has stood up to this: http://nocookielaw.com/
Z okazji #3Maja przypominam swój upubliczniony rok temu artykuł pt. „Ordynacja spełniła swoją rolę”, napisany do… „Gazety Wyborczej” (nieopublikowany) i zawierający propozycję zmian ustrojowych:
The threat of #superintelligence, described in Nick Bostrom’s book, poses a challenge to capitalistic thought which doesn’t seem to be widely recognized nowadays. What if machines become significantly more productive than humans in the vast majority of activities?
It is now much easier to run an #Ercoin node for testing purposes, as:
• It doesn’t need #IPFS anymore. IPFS is an interesting technology, but it still seems to have issues with consuming too much resources: https://github.com/ipfs/go-ipfs/issues/1482 , which makes running it on a non-dedicated hardware problematic.
• #Docker Compose can be used to start both ABCI server (written in Erlang) and ABCI client (Tendermint): https://gitlab.com/Ercoin/ercoin/blob/b8a31c2fda5b05050b661a288e6b91a331adcb33/README.md#docker-integration
Working with #ClojureScript + #React is much pleasure, in particular because it allows programmer to not worry about synchronizing UI changes with state changes. I’m not aware of an analogous, well-document toolkit for desktop.
I played violent video games since I was a little kid. Mortal Kombat, Carmageddon, GTA, Blood, Soldier of Fortune - you name it, I played it.
Never felt aggressive after doing that, don't ban violent video games.
How #Uber has lost a customer:
I’ve received a renewed debit card and wanted to update it in the application. It hasn’t allowed me to remove the old card (despite it had already expired) because of it being the only payment method. I’ve then tried to add the new card first, but… the application has prohibited this because the new card has the same number as the old one.
For some time I’ve been using #Taxify then (if available in a particular city).
#Google removes #Kodi from search autocomplete in anti-piracy effort - the article state "But, while Kodi is legal software, it remains a space that enables piracy, akin to platforms like BitTorrent."... Yes, like any general purpose computer. 🙄 https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/29/17176894/google-removes-kodi-search-autocomplete-anti-piracy
I enjoy using #BSD's because they are well crafted, documented, and are licensed under terms I actually understand.
I'm a lecturer in computer science at a university of applied science where I teach a broad range of topics from programming to networking to artificial intelligence.
Remnants of #DRM are being removed from Polish ebook market. The last big bookstore removes all DRM-protected #ebooks from its offer, describing this technology as cumbersome. If a publisher insists on using DRM, then its books will not be sold at all.
Programmer, poker player, sailor, founder of Ercoin and Paspagon, capitalist.
capitalism.party is a paid signup Mastodon instance funded directly by users purchasing accounts for just $5. An inexpensive alternative to free signup platforms, we impose direct economic cost on trolls who want to avoid blocks by creating many accounts. This instance will actively respond to any problematic users.