Na polskim rynku wydawniczym ukazała się kolejna książka poświęcona austriackiej szkole ekonomii.
Nakładem Fijorr Publishing do rąk polskiego czytelnika trafia przewodnik po ASE śladami życia i twórczości jej czołowych prekursorów i przedstawicieli.
- unpopular opinions are a serious danger to your personal life and career so an opportunist (rational?) strategy is to keep silent about them
- it is not allowed to wander too far with thought experiments because it may hurt you (see above) because either someone does not like these thoughts or doesn't understand them
- many people preaching for inclusion are very exclusive themselves
These conclusions (especially the last one) made me very sad, because I'm a big proponent of the first one.
Admittedly I was quite agitated due to the #rms lynch for the last few days and I've read plenty of things on the internet. I had no opinion on a few topics. Some conclusions I've came up with are:
- we should strive for equal chances, not for equal results
- "cancel culture" executed by a mob is no less than a harassment
- some people lack skill (or will) to check facts and others use that to advance their goals
- media news are not trustworthy
- throwing shit makes some of it stick
An article that may be interesting not only to #chess players, but also to a broader spectrum of brain-workers. https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/27593253/why-grandmasters-magnus-carlsen-fabiano-caruana-lose-weight-playing-chess
Dzień dobry. Bardziej z potrzeby niż z chęci wracam do czynnego korzystania z sieci społecznościowych. Najpierw o rzeczach najważniejszych: szóstego lipca zeszłego roku zmarł mój Ojciec. Nie jestem w stanie i nie będę nawet próbował zwięźle wyrazić tego, jak wiele Mu zawdzięczam.
Good afternoon. More because of a need than of a desire, I’m returning to active usage of social networks. The most important things first: last year, on July 6th, my father died. I am unable and won’t even attempt to briefly express how much I owe him.
• When using Stack, the ~/.stack directory is about 3.5 GB.
• The build fails when running on CI, (apparently due to an old Stack version): https://gitlab.com/Ercoin/ercoin.tech/-/jobs/72181366 .
• When fixed, the build times out after one hour of running: https://gitlab.com/Ercoin/ercoin.tech/-/jobs/72264358 .
• If cabal sandbox is used instead of Stack, another error occurs: https://github.com/bos/aeson/issues/641
The problem with such thinking is that the labour theory of value (offen associated with #marxism) has been refuted. The work in general has no value in itself. The fact that work has been performed may provide “psychological value” for some, but there’s no real utility associated with it. More on this topic: https://mises.org/wire/labor-theory-value-refuted-nobody-cares-how-hard-you-work
The #EU #cookie directive is plainly stupid and it causes big losses to the economy (the cost of programming cookie popups + the cost of wasted screen space + the cost of dismissing cookie popups). Yet there was little resistance from companies and from the society when it was introduced. It is nice to see that one company has stood up to this: http://nocookielaw.com/
Z okazji #3Maja przypominam swój upubliczniony rok temu artykuł pt. „Ordynacja spełniła swoją rolę”, napisany do… „Gazety Wyborczej” (nieopublikowany) i zawierający propozycję zmian ustrojowych:
The threat of #superintelligence, described in Nick Bostrom’s book, poses a challenge to capitalistic thought which doesn’t seem to be widely recognized nowadays. What if machines become significantly more productive than humans in the vast majority of activities?
Programmer, poker player, sailor, founder of Ercoin and Paspagon, capitalist.
capitalism.party is a paid signup Mastodon instance funded directly by users purchasing accounts for just $5. An inexpensive alternative to free signup platforms, we impose direct economic cost on trolls who want to avoid blocks by creating many accounts. This instance will actively respond to any problematic users.